About Cambridge Family Law Centre
Cambridge Family Law is a centre of excellence for research and teaching in all aspects of family law and policy, domestic, comparative and international. We offer a unique combination of academic, policy and practice-oriented insight into family law issues around the globe.
Our members’ work covers the full range of family law issues, from international child abduction and surrogacy, to marital agreements and financial remedies, marriage, divorce and other adult partnerships, and issues arising in later life and following death.
Through our members’ publications and frequent conferences, workshops and seminars, the Centre offers an academically rigorous forum for expert discussion and debate of family law and policy issues.
The Centre has strong links with family law scholars from a wide range of overseas jurisdictions and with family law practitioners and judges worldwide. CPD points are available for UK-based practitioners who attend our events.
Our members have worked with many external groups, domestically and internationally, including:
- International Society of Family Law
- Commission on European Family Law
- International Academy of Family Lawyers
- In England and Wales, Resolution, the Family Law Bar Association, the Family Justice Council and Judicial College
- Other national professional organisations, including Wissenschaftliche Vereinigung für Familienrecht e.V., Deutscher Familiengerichtstag e.V., and Hong Kong Family Law Association
- law reform commissions, including those in England and Wales, Ireland and New Zealand
- Ministries of Justice here and overseas, and
- various non-governmental and international organisations, including the United Nations and European Parliament
Contact and mailing list
To contact the Centre or sign up for our news emails, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cambridge Family Law
The Faculty of Law
10 West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DZ